Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Giving up

Not a week goes by that I have thought of giving up.

Giving up on: my job, recovery, life, friendships, projects, and whatever else I can possibly give up on.

I'm a quitter by nature.
I self-sabotage naturally.
I go into "flight mode".

This desire to run far away
From anything that is too hard
Or too full of conflict eggs me on.

"Quit. It's too hard. This isn't worth it. This sucks. I'm too tired of fighting. Seriously! Ugh. This is rediculous, etc."

I've wasted so much time complaining about how hard something is to do, and I spend way too much time beating myself up because I gave up, and THEN I waste more time trying to redeem the time, while trying to go back and restart what I gave up.

Whew! Flippin' exhausting!!!

So, today, I'm breaking free from giving up! I'm breaking free from expecting myself to give up. And I'm breaking free from convincing myself that I am not a fighter.

Truth is: I CAN do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens me.

Truth is: I AM more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus.

Truth is: I press onward, pushing everything that hinders me, out of my way.

Truth is: I'm not the same as I used to be.

What truth do you need to remind yourself of today?

No comments:

Post a Comment